Ace in the City Statement of Privacy
All information concerning donors or prospective donors, including their names, addresses and telephone numbers, the amount of their gift, etc., shall be kept strictly confidential by the Ace in the City, its staff and volunteers, unless permission is obtained from donors to release such information.
Ace in the City is committed to respecting the privacy of donors.
- Fundraising will be truthful and accurately described.
- Donations will be spent in accordance with the donor’s intent.
- Donors will receive prompt, forthright answers to questions.
- Donors have the right to be informed of Ace in the City’s mission and purpose.
- Fundraising will respect the dignity and privacy of those who benefit from Ace in the City’s activities.
- Donors will receive appropriate acknowledgment and recognition for their gift.
- The organization will respect the donor’s requests to remain anonymous.
- Donors will have the opportunity to have their names deleted from mailing and fundraising solicitations. Their opt out request will be honored promptly.
- Ace in the City will respect donors’ privacy by not selling or renting names and personal information.
- Donors can expect that all relationships with individuals representing Ace in the City will be professional in nature and that they will be treated with respect, compassion and dignity.
- Ace in the City uses donor information to accept and process gifts and provide the donor with the option to receive updates, such as mailings and newsletters.
- The types of donor information that Ace in the City collects and maintains are as follows:
- Contact information: name, address, telephone number and email address
- Giving information
- Information on events attended, publications received and special requests for program information
- Information provided by the donor in the form of comments and suggestions
- Donor information is shared with staff, board members, and consultants only on a “need-to-know” basis.
For those who have questions about the Ace in the City donor policy, please email info firstname.lastname@example.org.