We are still recovering from an amazing Saturday at our 4th Annual Back2School Bash. So much time, energy and resources were poured in by Ace staff, our volunteers and church partners.
By the numbers:
– 240+: Backpacks into the hands of students
– 95%: Smile rate of students walking out the door with backpack over their shoulder
– 40+: Volunteers who invested a GORGEOUS Saturday afternoon to execute this event (and flawlessly)
– 8: Church partners who contributed supplies, prayer and volunteers
– 4: Students who were once part of Ace programs who volunteered at the event
– 3: Stylists from MarcDaniel Salon who provided free haircuts
– 1: Massive slip and slide (enjoyed by students and Ace staff alikeJ)
In a world and culture that idolizes bigger is better, we’re starting to celebrate the unsophisticated obscurities—yes, eraser tops, scissors and crayons—as things of eternal significance. Sometimes it’s in the small things that the greatness of God is best seen at work. Like in a widow’s mite, five loaves of bread and two fish, or with a simple command: “Follow me.”
Thanks for following with us to some small corners of this world, oft overlooked yet abundantly rich and beautiful.